- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into fourths; shape each into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill with chili, chowder or stew. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Bread Bowls
Sort By :
These were really good and a perfect size. My dough didn't rise very much though, and I added Mrs. Dash and garlic to the bread as it mixed, did an egg white wash as they baked. Crusty golden outside and soft yummy inside, will make these again.
Definitely was easy to make, I didn't use a bread machine I just used my hands, but overall the taste is very bland and boring. I will not be using this recipe again.
Good taste and texture. Make sure to check after 5 minutes of mixing to make sure extra flour is not needed. If the dough is too moist, the bowls may be flatter than you want.
I subed 1c whole wheat flour for one of the c flour and they were great.Will be using this recipe many times.