- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into fourths; shape each into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill with chili, chowder or stew. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Bread Bowls
Sort By :
Definitely was easy to make, I didn't use a bread machine I just used my hands, but overall the taste is very bland and boring. I will not be using this recipe again.
Good taste and texture. Make sure to check after 5 minutes of mixing to make sure extra flour is not needed. If the dough is too moist, the bowls may be flatter than you want.
I subed 1c whole wheat flour for one of the c flour and they were great.Will be using this recipe many times.