Quick Blueberry Spinach Salad Recipe
I came up with recipe while trying to use up blueberries that I didn't want to go to waste. The combination of flavors and textures are delightful.—Jan Ruiz, Yucaipa, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, blueberries and nuts. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 229 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC