Quick Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.