This sensational salsa is a colorful combination of lots of fresh-tasting flavors. My husband, son and I think it's great as a dip or with main-dish burritos or chimichangas. We love taste-testing my creations together.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Black Bean Salsa in Country Woman May/June 2001, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review