- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Salsa
Sort By :
I have made this several times now and each time it is gone in a flash. My 4yr old even loves it! Super easy to make. I don't add the roasted red peppers, cumin or the orange peel. And I use a container of grape tomatoes instead. No real reason, that's just the way that I make it. Delicious!!
Leave out the orange peel, add chili powder and a squeeze of lime juice. AWESOME!
OMG this is so good! I forget to pick up green onions, so I used a large red onion instead and it was still delicious! I would not add any more heat that what the recipe calls for however, the green chiles in the tomatoes are plenty.
I took this salsa to our Bible Study and they loved it. I added a little green hot sauce so some thought it was too spicy but my husband loved it.
This salsa was delicious! This recipe is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Corn Salsa Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >