Need a quick snack or appetizer? These bean and cheese quesadillas are the answer. I got the recipe at a Mexican festival held at our children’s school. It’s been served at our house regularly ever since.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in the green onion, red onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold over.
- Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Quesadillas in Country Woman April/May 2010, p44
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review