Quick Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in the green onion, red onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold over.
- Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Quesadillas
Sort By :
"I love this recipe! It's delicious and very easy to make. I leave out the roasted red pepper though because of my personal taste."
"This will become one of my go-to recipes. Small list of ingredients, little prep work, short cooking time but a lot of flavor make this recipe a keeper. I left the red peppers out because of my personal tastes."
"Wonderful fresh flavors. I paired mine with sour cream, fresh guacamole, diced tomatoes and a Peach Margarita!!!"
"My house has many finicky eaters so I omitted, onions and peppers and added corn instead to keep it vegetarian and served with spanish rice and it was superb!!"
"excellent recipe! We omitted the peppers for toddler/preschool age eaters, and added some chicken breast, so it was a one dish meal. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed!"