Quick Black Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 burritos.
Try this easy fried ice creamscoop 1/2 cup balls of vanilla ice cream into muffin cups, freeze for 15 minutes. Roll in crushed cinnamon-toast-flavored sweetened cereal. Cover and freeze. When ready to serve, place each ice cream ball in a serving dish; drizzle with warmed honey.
1 each: 179 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Burritos
"Brown beans work well, plus I stirred in a Taco seasoning packet with the ground beef, which increases the overall flavor."