Quick Black Bean Burritos Recipe
My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.—Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 burritos.
1 serving (1 each) equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC