My husband and I took a batch of these burritos to friends of ours who moved into a new home. It's a quick and easy recipe everyone enjoys.—Emily Miller, Massillon, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 16 corn or flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add beans and salsa; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Warm the tortillas; spoon 1/4 cup of the beef mixture off-center on each. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with sour cream and olives if desired. Fold the sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 burritos.
Originally published as Black Bean Burritos in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p301
Reviews for Quick Black Bean Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review