Quick Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
This recipe is a favorite with my husband and five boys, all hearty eaters. It's filling, economical and, best of all, easy to prepare. I spend many afternoons driving our sons back and forth to their wrestling and band practices, piano lessons, Boy Scout meetings and church activities.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 164 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC