This recipe is a favorite with my husband and five boys, all hearty eaters. It's filling, economical and, best of all, easy to prepare. I spend many afternoons driving our sons back and forth to their wrestling and band practices, piano lessons, Boy Scout meetings and church activities.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Corn Salad in Country Extra September 1993, p47
Reviews for Quick Black Bean and Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
"Amazing quick salad that is delicious. Great for a hot day"
Reviewed May. 28, 2009
"Just whipped this up to serve with my enchiladas...Yummm!"