Quick Biscuits from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida make a satisfying accompaniment to the meal. "I never made biscuits until I tried this two-ingredient recipe," Diane explains. "Now my husband wants biscuits all the time!"
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and cream. Turn out onto a floured
- surface; knead for 5 minutes or until no longer sticky. On a floured
- surface, roll dough to a 1/2-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. biscuits.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10
- Yield: 9 biscuits.
Editor's Note: If you don't have self-rising flour, add 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt to 2 cups all-purpose flour.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.