Quick Beef Vegetable Soup
At the end of a long day, you want to put something quick, warm and substantial on the table for your family. This hefty Beef Vegetable Soup fills the bill and will have you out of the kitchen in no time flat!
D. M. Hillock - Hartford, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until hot
- and bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups equals 318 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.