Quick Beef Stew Recipe
This recipe deliciously proves savory stews don't have to simmer for hours.—Laura McCormick, Lebanon, Missouri
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place the potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; microwave on high until almost tender, about 7-9 minutes. Set aside (do not drain).
- 2. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, cook beef and onion on medium until beef is browned, about 8 minutes; drain. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on medium for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and vegetables are heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC