Quick Beef Stew Recipe
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place the potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish; microwave on high until almost tender, about 7-9 minutes. Set aside (do not drain).
- 2. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish, cook beef and onion on medium until beef is browned, about 8 minutes; drain. Add potatoes and remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on medium for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and vegetables are heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 195 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein
Reviews for Quick Beef Stew
"Agree with previous reviewer, would not use microwave for this. Best made on stovetop."