Quick Beef and Noodles
Pamela Shank's family loves beef stroganoff, and the Parkersburg, West Virginia cook is sharing their lightened version. “Using the roast beef from the deli saves the hours spent cooking a beef roast. I serve this with a salad for a great, home-style meal.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet,
- saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast
- beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired.
- Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-3/4 cups (calculated without sour cream) equals 375 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.