Pamela Shank's family loves beef stroganoff, and the Parkersburg, West Virginia cook is sharing their lightened version. “Using the roast beef from the deli saves the hours spent cooking a beef roast. I serve this with a salad for a great, home-style meal.”
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Easy Beef and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p23
Reviews for Quick Beef and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review