Pamela Shank's family loves beef stroganoff, and the Parkersburg, West Virginia cook is sharing their lightened version. “Using the roast beef from the deli saves the hours spent cooking a beef roast. I serve this with a salad for a great, home-style meal.”
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 ounces deli roast beef, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, roast beef and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Top with sour cream if desired. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Easy Beef and Noodles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p23
Reviews for Quick Beef and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2012
"Quick and easy, added cream of celery soup and sour cream"
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"just gave the recipe to a friend, hope she likes it as much as I do"