Quick Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) navy or great northern beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine onion, carrots, celery and water. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 243 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,270 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Bean Soup
"This has become a favorite at our house when we want something quick and tasty. I lighten it up by using Lite Smoked Sausage or Turkey Smoked Sausage."