A co-worker of mine brought this soup for everyone to sample at lunch one day. I ended up eating a heaping bowlful even though I don't normally care for soup. It's that good.—Dorothy Anderson, Woodstock, Illinois
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) navy or great northern beans
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine onion, carrots, celery and water. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Quick Bean Soup in Country Woman January/February 1998, p35
Reviews for Quick Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
"This has become a favorite at our house when we want something quick and tasty. I lighten it up by using Lite Smoked Sausage or Turkey Smoked Sausage."