Quick Bean and Rice Burritos Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup salsa
- Reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and pepper flakes until combined. Add beans and rice; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup of filling off-center on each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 290 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Quick Bean and Rice Burritos
"it was edible"
"Sometimes the best recipes are the most simple. I made this for me and my honey for the Super Bowl and we both loved them. I am veg and he is not so I needed to find something we would both enjoy. Will make this again."
"I made this and the whole family loved it!"
"I just made it and......I looooved it! I went back for seconds. I will definitely be making this regularly! Thanks so much for this tasty treat. Yummy!"
"We all liked this, sorry I added more garlic, as we prefer plenty of garlic, apart from that did as I was told and it tasted great. Will do again, made plenty froze some , then later in the week did more wraps still tasted good"
"My family loves this tasty burrito recipe. The aromas in the house while cooking is added plus too! Quick, delicious. Highly recommended."
"Hi Kim, I think you are the Kim I used to work for in Orlando, FL. I moved to TX. email@example.com"