Quick Barbecued Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 pounds shaved fully cooked ham
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in ham; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1922mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Quick Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
"Overly sweet sauce overpowering the ham."
"I've made these several times now for my family. They're really tasty. I just use the whole bottle of chili sauce and don't measure the ingredients exactly....they've always come wonderful! They are a little messy though!"
"This recipe was so incredibly easy to make, and everyone loved it. Next time I will use a little less brown sugar since it was a touch too sweet for me. But even the kids liked it!"
"Just made this a 2nd time, this time for a Super Bowl party. It was a hit, served it on wheat buns. I doubled the recipe, very easy."
" Sounds good and easy to throw together after coming home from work. :)
"yummy and quick. Its a do again."
"You can't go wrong with barbecue and ham. Two great tastes that taste great!Pat"
"Help! I AM a Taste of Home subscriber ALREADY!"
"Why not marinate the ham in the sauce, before grilling it?"
"This sound really wonderful,do you think it would work by dipping the ham in the sauce as you use it? The reason I ask is, I want to try it in my grill at work.Thanks cooks_alot"
"You're right. The "fast" in the recipe means quick to prepare."
"I think perhaps what she meant was fast to prepare. At any rate, I'm putting this on my list of things to try. Sounds tasty and easy to make."
"Recipe sounds nice, but if you have to eat FAST, why bother at all! It's like you want to get it over with!"