Quick Barbecued Ham Sandwiches Recipe
Thanks to Mollie Fry, barbecue has never been easier. The reader writes to us from Carolina barbecue country, Raleigh, North Carolina, and sends her recipe for Barbecue Ham Sandwiches that has been in her family for over 50 years. “My mother would make a batch of sauce on Saturday, buy the ham, and after church on Sunday, our hungry family would be able to have a fast meal,” she writes.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 pounds shaved fully cooked ham
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir in ham; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 394 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,922 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC