Quick Bananas Foster Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao or banana liqueur
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large skillet or flambé pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. Cut each banana lengthwise and then widthwise into quarters; add to butter mixture. Cook, stirring gently, for 3-5 minutes or until glazed and slightly softened. Stir in creme de cacao; heat through.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat rum over low heat until vapors form on surface. Carefully ignite rum and slowly pour over bananas, coating evenly.
- 3. Leaving skillet or pan on the cooking surface, gently shake pan back and forth until flames are completely extinguished.
- 4. Spoon ice cream into fluted glasses; top with bananas and sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Keep liquor bottles and other flammables at a safe distance when preparing this dessert. We do not recommend using a nonstick skillet.
1 each: 567 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Bananas Foster
"Delicious I love Bananas and this was excellent"