Quick Bananas Foster Recipe
Guests are always impressed when I ignite the rum in this delicious dessert. Use perfectly ripe bananas for best results. —Mary Lou Wayman, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao or banana liqueur
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large skillet or flambé pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until combined. Cut each banana lengthwise and then widthwise into quarters; add to butter mixture. Cook, stirring gently, for 3-5 minutes or until glazed and slightly softened. Stir in creme de cacao; heat through.
- 2. In a small saucepan, heat rum over low heat until vapors form on surface. Carefully ignite rum and slowly pour over bananas, coating evenly.
- 3. Leaving skillet or pan on the cooking surface, gently shake pan back and forth until flames are completely extinguished.
- 4. Spoon ice cream into fluted glasses; top with bananas and sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 567 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Bananas Foster
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC