Quick Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream and pudding mix until smooth. Place a third of the banana slices into pastry shell. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
- 2. Arrange the remaining bananas on top; cover with whipped topping. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 360 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Banana Cream Pie
"Thought this would taste more 'quick' but it tasted rich and homemade - without being too heavy. The sour cream adds a nice tang to the filling, and I just put a thick layer of bananas on the bottom, I think otherwise it would've been too mushy to slice. So yummy!"
"This is my boyfriend's favorite pie. I do use a graham cracker crust, banana flavored pudding and make homemade whipped cream. He always requests it!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.