Quick Banana Boats Recipe
"When I was a church youth leader, I introduced many young campers to this scrumptious treat," shares Sandy Vanderhoff of Waldron, Arkansas. "It's wonderful because each person can add their choice of yummy toppings to this warm dessert that tastes almost like a banana split."
- 4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Cut banana peels lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Open peel to form a pocket. Combine coconut and cherries; spoon into pockets of two bananas. Combine raisins and peanut butter chips; fill remaining bananas. Divide marshmallow between bananas. Wrap each in an 18-in. x 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Boats in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p22
Reviews for Quick Banana Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review