Quick Balck Bean Quesadillas
Need a quick snack or appetizer? These bean and cheese quesadillas are the answer. I got the recipe at a Mexican festival held at our children’s school. It’s been served at our house regularly ever since.Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in the green onion, red
- onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
- Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of each tortilla; top with 1/4
- cup cheese. Fold over.
- Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2
- minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 quesadilla equals 375 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 16 g protein.