Quick Baking Mix
"A fast-to-fix bread is one of the best ways to dress up a meal any time of day," writes Alice Wrisley of Mohawk, New York. With this versatile mix, you can make all of the items on this page. "It's a great helper in the kitchen."
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 9 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until
- the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container
- in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also
- found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Golden Biscuits and
- Country Corn Bread. Yield: 12 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.