Quick Baking Mix Recipe
"A fast-to-fix bread is one of the best ways to dress up a meal any time of day," writes Alice Wrisley of Mohawk, New York. With this versatile mix, you can make all of the items on this page. "It's a great helper in the kitchen."
- 9 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Quick Baking Mix may be used to prepare the following recipes (also found in Recipe Finder): Cinnamon Coffee Cake, Golden Biscuits and Country Corn Bread. Yield: 12 cups.
Originally published as Quick Baking Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p55
Reviews for Quick Baking Mix(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review