Quick Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 cup: 290 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Quick Baked Potato Soup
"We had some left-over baked potatoes to use up - I found this recipe and my husband loves it. It's not too thick, has a nice amount of spice."
"This was amazing. I accidentally grabbed beef broth instead of chicken and didn't realize until a full cup was in so I just went with it....absolutely delicious!"
"This soup hits the spot on a cold day! Easy to make. The only thing I do differently is add more bacon!"
"This hit the spot on a cold rainy night! I made a few changes to this recipe because of time and what I had on hand. I used a couple tablespoons of butter instead of bacon (mine was already cooked) to saute the onion and garlic. And, to save on time, I boiled the potatoes in the broth. To make it gluten-free I mixed some cornstarch in a bit of water and added that to the broth after the potatoes were done. Will make again for sure. I did not use the basil or hot sauce, but did add a stalk of celery with the onion."
"This was ok. If I make again, I would use a little less flour and maybe use a little less broth and a little more milk/cream to make it creamier."
"I tried thyme instead of basil after reading the reveiw before, and it went well. I would make it again."
"This was excellent. Next time I might add a little more bacon and leave out the basil. But this was excellent and easy!"
"This is delicious, quick and easy."