"A good friend who runs a bed-and-breakfast game me this creamy potato soup recipe that's become a winter favorite," recalls Kristi Teague of Southside, Tennessee. "A dash of hot sauce a little basil give it special flavor."
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large potatoes, baked, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper. Gradually add broth. Bring to boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Baked Potato Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p52
Reviews for Quick Baked Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review