"Baked apples are so simple to make...and this version has a yummy filling of chopped nuts, raisins and coconut," says field editor Judi Klee (right) of Nebraska City, Nebraska. "I enjoy this fruity dessert served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon flaked coconut
- 1 medium tart apple
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine nuts, raisins and coconut; set aside. Core apple and peel the top third; place in a microwave-safe dish. Fill center with nut mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour apple juice into dish and syrup over apple.
- Cover and microwave on high for 1-3 minutes or until apple is tender, basting and rotating every minute. Serve warm. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Quick Baked Apple in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p11
Reviews for Quick Baked Apple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review