“I found this in a local newspaper 25 years ago when I was a newlywed,” recalls Lana Maskus of Wright, Kansas. “My husband raved about, and I have served it at least once a month ever since. My daughter took the recipe with her to college and uses it frequently. These are also good when cooked on an outdoor grill,” she adds.
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Turn patties; top with ketchup mixture. Broil 6-7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p28
Reviews for Quick Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"These burgers are the best! In fact I even used the sauce and put it on top of baked chicken. YUMMO!"
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2009
"Very good!! They were a little too salty and took a bit longer to cook, but the end result was very tasty!!"