Quick Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties Recipe
“I found this in a local newspaper 25 years ago when I was a newlywed,” recalls Lana Maskus of Wright, Kansas. “My husband raved about, and I have served it at least once a month ever since. My daughter took the recipe with her to college and uses it frequently. These are also good when cooked on an outdoor grill,” she adds.
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Turn patties; top with ketchup mixture. Broil 6-7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p28
Reviews for Quick Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2010
"These burgers are the best! In fact I even used the sauce and put it on top of baked chicken. YUMMO!"
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2009
"Very good!! They were a little too salty and took a bit longer to cook, but the end result was very tasty!!"