- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, bacon and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Bacon Potato Salad
"NOT FOR MY TASTE"
"Just the way recipe said."
"My friends and I absolutely loved this. When I read other reviews about too much mustard, I was careful to use only one tablespoon at first, but when I tasted it I definitely wanted the extra tablespoon. Delicious. I kind of missed the hard boiled eggs that are in a lot of potato salads, and will probably put those in next time. For me, the dressing amount was just right, and super creamy and delicious."
"I do not like traditional potato salad but I prepared this for a lobster supper for friends and family. It was a hit. And enjoyed by all. Will definitely do it again."
"very good, however i took out the vinegar and added balsamic dressing"
"I made this for our 4th of July family party and it was a big hit. I followed other reviewer tips and used half mayo, half sour cream and lightened up on the vinegar and mustard. I think next time I will follow the recipe on the mustard and vinegar as I think the extra zip would be good. This was great though and will be my new go to potato salad recipe."
"I used half mayo and half sour cream for a more creamy dressing. I also used a bit less mustard, but it still seemed to be a bit acidic, so I added a little more sour cream."
"I used halved new potatoes and cut the mustard to 1 tablespoon...delicious!"
"Tried this recipe for the first time today, and it is delicious. I was concerned that there was too much mayonnaise, but once it was chilled, the consistency was perfect. I love the tangy flavor the mayo mixture has after being combined with both the ranch dressing and mustard. I'll be making this again."