Quick Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a saucepan, combine asparagus, onion, water, salt, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 5 minutes; stir in milk.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 128 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Quick Asparagus Soup
"This soup wasn't bad, but the chicken broth was the dominant taste which is not what I expected from an asparagus soup. I would definitely leave out the salt as well. Although we didn't mind it, I probably won't make this again."
"it wos gode"
"This was a very good soup. the only cganges I made were to use 2% milk and fat free half and half."