Quick Asparagus Soup Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Seasoned salad croutons
- 1. In a saucepan, combine asparagus, onion, water, salt, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 5 minutes; stir in milk.
- 2. In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 128 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Quick Asparagus Soup
"it wos gode"
"This was a very good soup. the only cganges I made were to use 2% milk and fat free half and half."