"My kids wouldn't eat asparagus when they were young," writes Lois McAtee. "But after trying this smooth creamy soup, they all wanted seconds." To hurry along preparation, the Oceanside, California reader relies on frozen asparagus.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Seasoned salad croutons
- In a saucepan, combine asparagus, onion, water, salt, bouillon, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 5 minutes; stir in milk.
- In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Garnish with croutons. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Quick Asparagus Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review