Our family enjoys sampling a variety of salads, but this one is at the top of their list. It's an interesting twist on traditional chicken salad. —Vivian Miller, Sonora, California
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asian Chicken Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Asian Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review