Quick Asian Chicken Dinner
This quick microwave dish for two is perfect for a busy day. Soy sauce and chicken broth bring out flavors of the chicken and veggies.Carolyn Zimmerman, Fairbury, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion
- and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or
- until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Let stand,
- covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer