Quick Asian Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1. In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Quick Asian Chicken Dinner
"Very good! My family loves this."
"I was surprised at how good this dinner was and how simple it was to make. I cooked the chicken before I put it in the microwave and cooked the dish in a beanpot from Celebrating Home. The next time I make it I am going to double the rice, the broth, and the soy sauce. The veggies that I used was the California blend but it didn't look the same as the one on the picture so I am going to use a stir fry veggie instead of the California blend."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer