- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Quick Asian Chicken Dinner
"Very good! My family loves this."
"I was surprised at how good this dinner was and how simple it was to make. I cooked the chicken before I put it in the microwave and cooked the dish in a beanpot from Celebrating Home. The next time I make it I am going to double the rice, the broth, and the soy sauce. The veggies that I used was the California blend but it didn't look the same as the one on the picture so I am going to use a stir fry veggie instead of the California blend."