Quick Apricot Crisp
I like easy desserts that taste like some effort went into them, like this one. Apricots are a nice change of pace from apples.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Arrange apricot halves in a greased 5-in. round baking dish. In a
- bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut
- in butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over top. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm
- with vanilla ice cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 297 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.