Quick Apricot Chicken
This is one of my favorite ways to fix chicken in a hurry. Everybody just loves it and leftovers are always just as good the next day. For variation, I’ve used pork instead of chicken and added additional ingredients like pineapple, mandarin oranges, snow peas and broccoli. –Vicki Ruiz, Twin Falls, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable, combine the first seven ingredients; add
- chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Transfer to a shallow
- microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes,
- stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand
- for 3 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.