Quick Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Apricot Chicken
Sort By :
"Great quick recipee"
"Excellent and super easy"
"Easy, great flavor, and a hit with the hubby and kids. Definitely a keeper!"
"I didn't have apricot jam and tried a different flavor. It was good but I imagine it would taste great if I stuck with the original recipe."