- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes; whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach and apple. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Apple Spinach Salad
"this recipe was a life saver for a meal i had to put together with what i had on hand. I made it as written although next time i will cut back on the sugar a bit and take on some additions-thanks to other reviewers for some suggestions."
"Very tasty and easy to make. I added some dried cranberries and toasted pecans. Will definitely make again!"
"As I started to write this review I realized I used celery seed instead of celery salt. No wonder my dressing lacked some flavor. It was a nice salad, but I'm not giving it a rating since I messed up. I added some cucumbers and walnuts."
"This was wonderful and so quick and easy. I added raisins and chopped pecans. I'll make this often. Thanks for the recipe."
"Everyone loved this. Will make it again soon."