- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- APPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Stir in apple and lemon peel.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 15 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Quick Apple Pancakes
Sort By :
"We have retested this recipe again and agree that the original amount of milk was too high. It has been adjusted to 1-1/4 cups for a better batter consistentcy.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I just used the pancake recipe on the Bisquik box and added chopped apple. It was great, don't need all the extra ingredients, if you ask me. Like to keep things simple"
"Way too much milk -- had soupy batter!! The biscuit mix recipe called for less milk. I ended up adding about another cup of biscuit mix to even get the batter to set up like pancakes. Also didn't add any lemon peel."