Quick Apple Pancakes Recipe
Fall is the best time to wake up and smell these pancakes, featuring our great Washington state apples. They’ve quickly become a family favorite for a weekend brunch and even an occasional supper. —Sandra Girard, Oak Harbor, Washington
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- APPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Stir in apple and lemon peel.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 15 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
3 pancakes with 1/4 cup syrup equals 560 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Apple Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC