Quick Apple Crisp
This dessert can be assembled in a snap and cooks up in minutes, making it a delectable dessert for unexpected guests. You'll love it served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.—Suzie Salle, Renton, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar,
- cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Place apples in a greased
- microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Top with crumb mixture.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 8