Quick Apple Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Place apples in a greased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Top with crumb mixture.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Quick Apple Crisp
"This is the best microwave apple crisp recipe you will find! Unlike others this doesn't get soggy in the microwave. The addition of broken graham crackers adds the little bit of crunch that an apple crisp needs. I began making this apple crisp recipe 20 years ago after attending a 'product home show' party. It is quick and easy to put together. Out of laziness I do not peel my apples and it still turns out wonderful. Now my mom and mother in law only use this recipe too!"