Quick Apple Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Place apples in a greased microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. dish. Top with crumb mixture.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 289 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Quick Apple Crisp
"This is SO GOOD!! Super simple to make and everyone loved it! Already planning to make it again next week."
"This recipe was delicious! It took under 20 min. from start to finish and I peeled my apples. I was skeptical that the topping would get crisp in the microwave, but I was wrong....it did! This will make a regular rotation on our menu."
"I prepared this delicious recipe tonight and claim it a winner. Not only quick and easy but delicious. I substituted Splenda brown sugar and halved the recipe for the two of us. It only took 9 minutes in the microwave and it was ready. In the future I will have to make the entire recipe. it was that good. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor"
"This is the best microwave apple crisp recipe you will find! Unlike others this doesn't get soggy in the microwave. The addition of broken graham crackers adds the little bit of crunch that an apple crisp needs. I began making this apple crisp recipe 20 years ago after attending a 'product home show' party. It is quick and easy to put together. Out of laziness I do not peel my apples and it still turns out wonderful. Now my mom and mother in law only use this recipe too!"