Quick Apple Cream Pie Recipe
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or strawberry jelly, melted
- In a large skillet, saute apples, sugar and lemon juice in butter until apples are tender. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1 cup milk, dry pudding mix and lemon peel. Add remaining milk; beat until thickened. Spread into pastry shell. Arrange apples over filling. Brush with preserves. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Brush with additional preserves if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Quick Apple Cream Pie(2)
Sort By :
This was really easy to make and tastes great!
added some maple syrup to the apple mixture in the skillet and to the cream cheese mixture in the mixer. Came out well. Served after 4 hours. Over all a good recipe to have that isnt expensive or time consuming
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >