Quick Apple Cranberry Tart Recipe
"I love the tangy sweetness of this quick but elegant-looking dessert," remarks field editor Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour into crust. Dot with butter. Cut leaf shapes from the remaining pastry. Place over filling.
- 3. Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC