Quick Apple Cranberry Tart
"I love the tangy sweetness of this quick but elegant-looking dessert," remarks field editor Suzanne Strocsher of Bothell, Washington.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the pastry into a 13-in.
- circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased
- 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom or press onto the
- bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour
- and cinnamon; pour into crust. Dot with butter. Cut leaf shapes from
- the remaining pastry. Place over filling.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes
- or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.