Quick Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I make these mouthwatering muffins at least once a week and recipe requests.—Serena Verboom, Providence Bay, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and
- cinnamon; set aside. Beat egg, add orange juice and butter. Stir
- into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be
- thick). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.