I make these mouthwatering muffins at least once a week and recipe requests.—Serena Verboom, Providence Bay, Ontario
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside. Beat egg, add orange juice and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Muffins in Country Woman September/October 1997, p35
Reviews for Quick Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2009
"These were terrible!!!! They weighed about 5 lbs!!! Nasty!!!"
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2008
"for some reason, even though I greased my tin, the muffins stuck to the pan and I found the taste a little too sweet for my liking but the flavor is very good."