Quick Antipasto Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, beans, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and peppers.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir to coat. Yield: 24 servings.
3/4 cup: 281 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Quick Antipasto Salad
"With two raw peppers in this recipe, believe me all we could taste was the peppers. If you are going to put red peppers in an Antipasto salad you had better roast those peppers first. First it is more authentic and second the flavor is enhanced and made more subtle so you can taste the other ingredients."