Quick Antipasto Salad Recipe
I always told my sister, Karen, I'd marry a cowboy...and I did! Patrick and I had a festive farm-style wedding. My mother prepared all the side dishes, including this tongue-tingling salad.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, beans, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and peppers.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir to coat. Yield: 24 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 281 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC