I always told my sister, Karen, I'd marry a cowboy—and I did! Patrick and I had a festive farm-style wedding. My mother prepared all the side dishes, including this tongue-tingling salad. —Kendra Waterbury, East Thetford, Vermont
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) spiral pasta
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, beans, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and peppers.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, stir to coat. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Antipasto Salad in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p40
Reviews for Quick Antipasto Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review