Quick Anise Fruit Bowl Recipe
This refreshing medley has become a family favorite for breakfast and brunch. You could even serve the fruit with a slice of cake and dollop of whipped cream for a scrumptious dessert.
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 1 small cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 pound seedless red grapes
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 medium nectarines, sliced
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, lemon juice, aniseed and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool slightly; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour syrup over fruit; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup).
3/4 cup equals 151 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC